Wednesday, May 14, 2008

A Little Bit of Everything


Daddy, Caroline and now Sarah Anne all have the same hair. Take a look at Sarah Anne's onesie that Nicole bought for Caroline...which is also now appropriate for Sarah Anne!

I am going to try and be better about keeping the blog more current. Right now it is a little challenging. :) Here is what we have been up to lately!

Nicole was in town for five days! We had a great time with her (as always) and she was a HUGE help to me! Caroline loves her Aunt Cole, although she wasn't very good about showing it.....this has to do more with me - more on that in a minute. Sarah Anne loved cuddling with Cole! We're sad her visit was so short, but she is starting nursing school on Monday!! There is always the chance that she may end up working in ATL after graduation....it's a small chance, but I'll take it!

For Mother's Day Daddy and the girls gave me a beautiful pair of Gucci sunglasses...real ones. :) I'm almost afraid to wear them! I also got two beautiful bouquets of flowers from my sweet, sweet girls. Ben's parents came over for breakfast that morning. Nicole made a wonderful brunch bake and fruit, and Ben's mom brought blueberry muffins. Nicole and I went later in the day for a pedi and a mani....it was soooo relaxing! That night we went to a Japanese steak house for dinner. Caroline was very intrigued by the cooking on the table, the knives, fire, etc. I was worried she would freak out, but instead she ate and observed everything the entire time we were there. She loved the chicken teriyaki and ice cream with sprinkles the best. :)

Caroline and Sarah Anne are doing well. Caroline still seems to be "upset" with me for having a baby. She LOVES her sister, but is still having issues with me. She tells me "No!" a lot, and has even hit me. She has NEVER hit anyone before now. We even checked with her daycare to make sure it wasn't happening there. No, it's only me she seems to want to hit (although she did hit Nicole while we were in the grocery store the other day....that made me very sad). I am trying to spend as much one-on-one time with her as I can, but I am stretched thin having a newborn. I know it's a phase, but it's a sad one for me. Caroline is truly very sweet and loving. I've turned her little world upside down. We will eventually move past all of this, I know.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

It is just a phase I am sure. Keep in mind that in addition to you having a second baby, she is 19 months old. That is a challenging age as well. The hitting stuff just hits at different times with each kid. you are doing a great job and don't be hard on yourself. Just try to ride it out and get some sleep:)

Corie said...

I'm glad you had a great visit with Nic!!! Sounds like y'all had so much fun!!! I don't know what to say about Miss Caroline, but hope that she passes through this phase quickly. I'm sure you are doing a great job!