Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Tubes

Caroline is having her tubes put in her ears tomorrow morning at 8:45. We have to be there by 7:00 am, which in Atlanta time means we need to leave by 6:00. That isn't even the hard part! The hard part is going to be not giving Caroline her milk and banana when she wakes up. She LOVES and DEMANDS her milk and banana when she wakes up in the morning. She can have clear liquids up to 4:30 am and nothing beyond that. She has actually been waking up at 4 am the last couple of days, so if she wakes up before 4:30 tomorrow, I have some apple juice in a sippy cup ready for her. I'll put her in bed with me and let her watch Sesame Street on Sprout (yes, Sesame Street is on that early....I've found that out the hard way!) and drink her juice. Hopefully she will fall back asleep until we have to go. I have a bag packed with her favorite books (reading books is her favorite thing to do)to help distract her when we get there. We are still afraid that we are going to have a grumpy little bear on our hands in the morning. The procedure will only take about 20 min. once they start. I will get to go back with her until she falls asleep. I know she'll be fine, but it still makes me kind of sad to think about her being put to sleep. :(

We have some recent pictures of Caroline to post. I'm really exhausted and uncomfortable lately, and I'm not getting as much done as I should. I do, however, have almost everything ready for Sarah Anne, bags packed for Caroline, Mommy and Daddy, as well as gifts for Caroline and Sarah Anne ready (for them to give each other!). After being unexpecetedly sent to the hospital with Caroline, I wanted to be more prepared this time. I am a planner, and not being completely planned and organized last time drove me crazy! In the end it all turned out well, so I guess I shouldn't stress about it too much. I will do my best to get the new pictures posted soon. Stay tuned for pictures of an Oreo mouthed Caroline, Caroline wearing Daddy's black dress socks, and Caroline wearing shoes and socks but no pants! She definitely has a mind of her own! She reminds me a lot of her Aunt Cole!

2 comments:

Natasha said...

I will keep you and Caroline in my prayers, and I hope everything goes smoothly!

Corie said...

Hope everything went well for Miss Caroline!!!