Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Mmmmm, cornstarch

Sometimes if the pantry door is left open, Caroline likes to play inside. She is great at rearranging whatever she finds. :) Today, she walked out of the pantry carrying a can of cornstarch. She was adiment that I open it and show her what was inside. Trying to nurture her sense of wonder and exploration, I opened the can and explained what it was (as if she really understood!). Before I knew it, she had stuck her entire right hand in the can, pulled it out, and licked her fingers. Needless to say, she was very upset by what she found! I did my best to wipe it out of her mouth and off of her hands. I quickly gave her some milk and Daddy came to the rescue with a grape...one of her favorite foods. I don't think that she will be pulling the cornstarch out of the pantry anytime soon!

No comments: