Thursday, July 24, 2008

New Words

Caroline is saying new words almost daily...and she is jabbering a lot as if she is having a conversation with you. I wish I knew what she was really saying and thinking!

Here are a few of Caroline's favorite new words and expressions:
"Ummmm" - used to describe something she is enjoying eating.

"I know" - although she says this one a lot, even when I'm not sure what she means, she has used it on more than one occassion when someone has told her she is cute....the sassy factor is off the charts with this one. :)

"Ewwww Mommy" - used appropriately to describe anything that is yucky to her. The other day I was putting her hair in pigtails and had one of the rubber bands in my mouth while I was gathering up the pony tail. Caroline looked up at me in disgust and said "Ewww Mommy". Um, that's too much sass from a 1 year old! lol

"Oh no!" - used anytime there might be the slightest thing wrong.

Caroline is also an absolute fanatic when it comes to turning off lights, tvs, radios, baby monitors, etc. Anything that is on and she doesn't feel should be on, must be turned off immediately! If a door, cabintet, drawer, etc. is open and Caroline feels it shouldn't be, it must be closed immediately! These are usually times when "Oh no!" comes in to play. :)

Sarah Anne is as sweet as ever. For those of you that don't know, Sarah Anne is going through physical therapy for a condition called Tortocolis. Basically what has happened is she experienced some trauma to the left side of her neck when she was being delievered (her left shoulder got caught in the birth canal). This has caused her neck to lean left. It is kind of like a pulled/strained muscle. There are stretches that I do with her 5-6x daily, and there are certain positions that we have to hold her and lay her in. She also has a special neck support for her carrier. She will probably be in therapy for 3-4 months....hopefully not much longer. :) Sarah Anne is seeing the same physical therapist that Caroline saw when she was having problems walking.

The girls are both happy and healthy! Caroline LOVES Sarah Anne, and Sarah Anne is beginning to recognize and respond to Caroline with big smiles. Sarah Anne is only waking up once in the night to eat which has been great for me! Ben is taking the 5 a.m feeding (since he is an early bird anyway) which is a huge help to me since I don't sleep very well. I feel like I'm falling asleep around 4-4:30 am, so being able to stay asleep when S.A wants to eat around 5:00 is helpful. :)

We're off to the beach in about a week! We go to Hilton Head each summer. This will be Caroline's 2nd visit, and obviously Sarah Anne's first. We have a great condo on the beach with plenty of room for us to spread out and keep both girls comfortable.

1 comment:

Corie said...

Lots of updates.
I just love reading about the girls. So wish I could see them in person!

Caroline's words are cracking me up! Especially the "I know".

Glad to hear that Sarah Anne is doing well with her therapy. Keep it up Sarah Anne!!!

Have a great time at Hilton Head!
I'm so jealous. I would love to be looking forward to a trip to the beach!! Enjoy the surf and sand for me.